Virtual Startup School
This 8-segment program will provide the tools you’ll need to:
- Assess the commercialization potential of your technology/product
- Determine the long-term viability of your innovation
- Discover shortcomings before they become problems
- Identify key next steps to ensure a strong development path
- Prepare a summary business pitch
The program will also help you address key questions:
- Who are your key stakeholders?
- What do they think of your research?
- How big is the opportunity?
- What is your go-to-market strategy?
- Is your research licensable?
- Is your research commercially viable and is it scalable?
Each class takes you a step closer to commercializing your research technology:
Class #1: Conceptualize potential business opportunity/research applicationFocus on making a disciplined examination and create a detailed description of : Problem being addressed, proposed solution, and differentiation vs others in competitive space.
Class #2: Define opportunityEnsure a positive return-on-development by: Determining the size and trend of the target market, understanding the strengths/weaknesses of the competition, identifying stakeholders whose acceptance is critical to commercial success.
Class #3: Construct business modelDiscover how resources will be assembled and combined to produce a profitable enterprise.
Class #4: Conduct customer discoveryValidate the conceptual appeal of your business concept, identify opportunities for improvement and hypothesize your resource utilization.
Class #5: PivotIterate to enhance the commercial potential of application of research technology (e.g., refocus research application toward larger commercial potential) and reconstruct the business concept and business model.
Class #6: LegalResolve various legal issues (e.g., search/file for IP; establish organization legal structure; prepare Founders’ Agreement).
Class #7: Estimate commercial value of research technologyDetermine if further development is warranted and get the necessary input for SBIR grant application. Consolidate all startup development efforts combining customer discovery, forecasting and evaluating into The Pitch.
Class #8: The PitchValidate continued development efforts and provide a compelling presentation to motivate stakeholders and investors.
Purchase the Startup School program: