SHARPhub Cohort Application
Thanks for your interest in SHARPhub!
While training opportunities are open to all participants, SHARPhub cohort participants will receive additional intensive assistance to move their technologies forward. Cohorts are selected competitively on a rolling basis. A BBCetc Consultant will contact you to set up a telephone discussion after your application is received.
Applications will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Attendance at SHARPhub training:
- Entrepreneurial Training (e.g., Startup School, iCorps, etc.)
- Intensive Workshop: SBIR/STTR Proposal Prep for NIH
- Commercialization Planning for SBIR/STTR Proposals
- Life science innovation that is developed (or developing) into a startup company
- Company headquarters and R&D operations in (or planned to be in) a SHARPhub Central Region state (KS, OK, NE, ND, SD)
- Technology developed at a university in a SHARPhub Central IDeA state or from NIH-funded research conducted in one of the SHARPhub States
- Fit of technology to NIH SBIR/STTR requirements
- Sufficient time to provide meaningful assistance for targeted agency deadline.
Applicants are encouraged to submit their applications as early as possible. The SHARPhup program is a competitive program with a limited number of cohort seats available. Once seats are filled for a specific proposal submission deadline, additional cohort applications will then be deferred to the following submission deadline.
Cohort applications must be received no later than the following deadlines to be considered for each NIH SBIR/STTR submission cycle:
- Received by February 21, 2020 for the April 6, 2020 Omnibus deadline
- Received by July 17, 2020 for the September 7, 2020 Omnibus deadline
- Received by November 13, 2020 for the January 5, 2021 Omnibus deadline
- Received a minimum of 6 weeks prior to the submission deadline for “Special”, non-Omnibus or non-NIH solicitations
Expectations of Cohort companies:
- Participate in an assessment call with a BBCetc consultant to discuss SBIR/STTR project plans and eligibility
- Commit to participate and meet deadlines during the program
- Agree to provide information about company progress for two years following cohort acceptance including all SBIR/STTR proposals submitted and awarded